Mr. Wedertz is responsible for helping to shape the overall corporate strategy, sense and interpret key market shifts, drive deals, partnerships, and overall financial investments, and design and run the overall strategic planning process as well as undertake other high-impact initiatives.
ROBERT W. WEDERTZ
Chief Strategy Officer
BIO + CAPABILITIES
Mr. Wedertz has extensive experience leading the development, refinement, and continuous execution of both government and commercially focused growth strategy for a large company (600+ employees, $173MM of yearly revenue). Clients include: the Department of Defense (Service Components, Joint Staff, Office of Secretary of Defense), the Defense Intelligence Agency, Veterans Affairs, the National Institutes of Health, the National Security Agency, Department of Homeland Security, Central Intelligence Agency, Virgin Orbit, Kirby, and others.
Before joining ARDX, Rob led the strategy and growth activities for an industry-leading technology and services company. His activities included:
- As the Growth and Strategy lead, working in tandem with the Integration Management Office, led integration of four legacy companies (through mergers and acquisitions) into parent company.
- Transformed previously independent BD/Capture/Proposal/Transition teams into cross-functional, horizontally integrated Growth and Strategy Team.
- Implemented Shipley-based methodologies and spearheaded company’s ISO 9001 certification.
- Designed, developed, and implemented Customer Relationship Management IT ecosystem (Salesforce, Bloomberg Government, GovWin, and CPQ) resulting in optimized lead generation, B2G relationship management, sales lifecycle, backlog and pipeline reporting, and KPI tracking for BD leads and Capture Managers.
- Worked closely with Talent Acquisition and HR to hire (“in-source”) proposal managers, capture managers, technical writers, and graphic artists, and build an organic team responsible for BD/Capture/Proposal support to the sector business units. Resulted in 5 new contract wins (in last 3 months) valued at $150MM (AAR) and a G&A savings of $4MM.
- In tandem with sector business unit leads (technology, product, and services), crafted commercially focused go to market strategy (energy, healthcare, manufacturing & logistics, retail, and maritime) that included COGS models, sales lifecycle process maps, pricing models, CRM model (lead generation, B2B marketing, contracts, legal, finance, and support), and Total Addressable Market (TAM) analysis.
Specific measurable accomplishments include:
- Increased revenue from $139MM in 2020 to $173M in 2021. Positioned Backlog and Pipeline to achieve $277MM Revenue in 2022.
- Exceeded YOY growth target (10%) by 14% through focused campaign planning, new customer/market engagement, and rapid technology prototyping program (AI/ML/Deep Learning).
- Strategically positioned organization to achieve 4-year CAGRs of: 87% (EBITDA) and 74% (Free Cash Flow)
- Researched, located, and established $4.5BB of near-term pipeline (2022-2025).
- Through hyper-focused capture and proposal excellence, achieved and sustained a 93% historical contract win rate.
- Implemented multi-sector In Progress Review battle rhythm to actively shape customer intimacy and “land and expand” philosophy resulted in 100% recompete win rate.
- Secured $500MM in product backlog (2022-2023).
Led corporate outreach and strategic partnerships that resulted in:
- Teaming agreements and research partnerships with Virginia Tech -Applied Research Corporation, MIT Lincoln Labs, Georgie Tech Research Institute, and the University of Texas San Antonio National Security Collaboration Center
- Led, in collaboration with Marketing and Communications, government and industry engagement via professional associations, consortia, and trade show participation (booths, guest speakers) including: National Defense Industrial Association, Association of US Army (AUSA), Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC), National Geospatial Agency, Marine Corps Association, Information Warfare Research Project (IWRP), Tradewinds (OTA), Consortium Management Group (CMG), National Cyber Summit, DODIIS, and others.
These achievements and milestones contributed to company’s positioning to become a publicly traded company (via a Special Purpose Acquisition Company backed IPO) in late December 2021 at a valuation of $1.5BB.
How May I Help You?
Project Managers are critical to the operations for all businesses. Whether it’s complex or simple projects, all programs and projects should be organized, run smoothly, and stay on budget. Our project management services offers this and more.
> LEARN MORE
Business Process Management
Smooth Business Processes can make or break a company. How you manage your company’s processes will affect the bottom line from programs to people and the full operations process.
> LEARN MORE
Quality Assurance & Testing
Quality Assurance and Testing is part of business development. Outsourcing this part of your business can save you countless dollars and time recreating programs for years to come.
> LEARN MORE